The RosettaWerks Globalization (G11N) Suite is a set of programs/components that deal with the Localization (L10N), Internationalization (I18N) and Translation (T9N) process.
A proposal for the development of a suite of programs that deal with the localization process. Each of the components in the suite deals with certain problems endemic to the localization process. No single program can deal with all problems, but if specifically targeted , a suite of programs can. There are generally three major segments of a localization team
- The client
- this may be an internal division within a company or it may be an ISV.
- The vendor
- this may be an internal division or staff member within a company or it may be an outside localization company.
- The translator
- this may include in-house employees or outside contractors.
As localization projects increase in volume and simultaneous release is required more and more by the client, the localization team must rapidly respond to changing demands while delivering a quality product. To do this the localization team needs an edge, this suite of programs is designed to be that edge. Each component in the suite is targeted to meet the specific needs of the three segments mentioned above, while maintaining synergy between the team members.
1.1.1 A Localization Process Overview
The following is a brief outline of a localization process and the steps taken during that process to ensure a quality product:
- Original Material Delivery (OMD) - Inventory of original client materials.
- Original Material Quotation (OMQ) - Generation of budget and timelines.
- Original Material Review (OMR) - Identification of standards/problems in client materials.
- Original Material Internationalization (OMI) - Specialized treatment of client materials for target locale(s).
- Material Translation Preparation (MTP) - Client materials prepared for translation.
- Material Translation Request (MTR) - Generation of translation package.
- Material Translation & Editing (MTE) - Translation of client materials.
- Localized Material Preparation (LMP) - Prepare complete localized materials for review.
- Localized Material Review (LMR) - Linguistic/cultural review of completed materials.
- Localized Material Quality Assurance (LMQA) - Check materials for non-compliance to standards.
- Localized Material Delivery (LMD) - Generation of deliverables package and localization reports.